New full length album by one of France’s most singular contemporary composer. Reflecting on ancient culture’s use and reverence for emblematic monuments which most often represent myths and stories, the album’s narrative has been infused with such symbolic and depicts an envisioned mythology, unfolding through it’s 10 aural pieces. Franck Vigroux‘s music is unique and comprised of tectonic tension, pulsating rhythms and abrasive analog textures like few can produce. Applying his own calculated personal signature in his sonic explorations his distinctiveness comes not only by his unique approach to sound but also by his incorporation of new media practices and performing arts into his A/V work.
Mastering by Denis Blackham.
Cover Photography by Emile Barret, model Armand Yerly / 2010
Double Vinyl Edition of 500 copies in matt laminated Gatefold Sleeve. 10 Tracks. Running Time 55:10. UPC: 0694536562578 BUY
CD Edition of 500 copies in matt laminated 4 panel Digipak. 10 Tracks. Running Time 55:10. UPC: 0694536562585 BUY
Treha Sektori – Severh Sehenh Label: Cyclic Law – 66th Cycle Format: CD, Album, Limited Edition, Reissue Country: Germany Released: 2018 Style: Dark Ambient, Industrial
2018 CD Re-Issue in A5 Digisleeve. Imagined as the end of a cycle, initiated with 2012’s «Endessiah» album, «Severh Sehenh» is not really the third album from Treha Sektori nor an e.p. It’s to be seen an appendix, a specific chapter of time. It consists of a lone track, cut into different movements. The material was formally composed for live performances, with the overbearing urge of facing eyes, to live through them. Imagined as a burden to carry, a day we didn’t expect, and a final step that is unknown. No way to unload what is on our shoulders. Acceptance is the only way to trace a new path. Peaceful times with hard thoughts. Rough moments with joyful feelings. saveh erh anth ah erah leh, We will save what ties our throats. deverh ah temehera. koreska enh, We will remember in our hands, the day when we lost.
CD Re-Issue. Edition of 300 copies in A5 digisleeve. 1 Track. Running Time 36:33
Day Before Us – Ode A La Nuit D’Ombre Label: OPN – OPNCD0035 Format: CD, Album, Limited Edition Country: France Released: 27 Mar 2019 Style: Dark Ambient, Modern Classical, Neo-Romantic, Experimental
Day Before Us is an influential melodic dark ambient project currently active under a duet form and whose style borders graceful neoclassical tones, oneiric soothing textures and chilling soundscapes. A number of albums have been published on well-noted indie labels and the project occasionally gives life performances in a wide variety of contexts.
In these new pieces Philippe Blache and Natalya Romashina are embarking in a musical journey of immediate expressive moods, oftenly mystical ,exalted, animated by a tragic and existential breath, touched by a seraphic sense of poetry and guided by poignant emotional stories. Lead singer Natalya Romashina provides achingly beautiful singing parts with poetical lyrics which favor the aesthetic of suggestion and a tremendous sense of musical fluidity. Those evocative, virtuosic lyrical components communicate with the invocatory, litanous and harmonious qualities of Philippe Blache’s instrumental compositions. « Ode à la nuit d’ombre » is an album of staggering beauty where all pieces come together organically.
(1) From the depth of this infinite night (3:12) (2) surrendering to fathomless love secrecy (5:56) (3) By Pledge Divine (3:46) (4) Der Erlosüng (3:24) (5) Dans la vague du rêve (3:33) (6) Ton image stellaire (2:35) (7) Sur les échos mélodieux d’un dernier adieu (3:23) (8) Kovcheg yasnosti (2:54)
01. Old Recipe For Modern Society Recorded in February-March 2003. Released on the CD compilation Extreme Music From Russia (Susan Lawly, 2004). Dedicated to the phenomenon of oprichnina implemented by the tsar Ivan IV «Grozny» in Russia between 1565 and 1572. Sound sources: radio, digital synthesis & processing.
02. Vision Reflections Recorded in November 2003. Released on the CD compilation Like Music To Their Ears Vol. 2 (Mechanoise Labs, 2004). Sound sources: radio, digital synthesis & processing.
03. No Hamsters Were Harmed During The Recording Of This Song Recorded in December 2004. Released on the CD compilation Roulette Russe Pour Un Peu De Caviar (Monochrome Vision, 2007). Sound sources: Rokton, Polyvox, Faemi-1M, radio.
04. Kopusta! Previously unreleased. Recorded in March 2004 for the compilation «Amazing Hare Johann», which never came out. Sound sources: radio, female voice, found samples, digital processing.
05. Submarine Lysergine Recorded in July 2004. Released on the Untitled split CD-R with Lunar Abyss and Timur Kujanov (Extremal Psychonauts, 2004). Sound sources: Yunost-21, Polyvox, distortion pedal, radio, digital processing.
06. BZ Recorded in January-February 2005. Released on the double CD-R compilation How To Stay Young & Healthy In A Modern World (Abgurd, 2006). Named after BZ toxic substance. Sound sources: Polyvox, radio, guitar, breath, digital processing.
07. The Glass From Leng Previously unreleased. Recorded in November 2003 for a compilation dedicated to H.P. Lovecraft, which never came out. Sound sources: radio, digital synthesis & processing.
08. RNS (wry loop mix) Recorded in April 2004, previously unreleased. Sound sources: a track by Public Immorality – Radio NaziSatanica, digital processing.
09. Disassembler Recorded in November 2004. Released on the CD-R compilation Negative Message From Collective Mind (Spirals Of Involution, 2005). Sound sources: Polyvox, radio.
10. Ether Spy Babka_rkTM4x4 Recorded in July 2005. Released on the double CD-R compilation Avtogen-Shaitan (Ostroga, 2007). Sound sources: Rokton, distrortion pedal, radio, Udmurtian women choir.
11. Mamasha Recorded in November 2005. Released on the CD compilation Red Square (KultFront, 2005).
12. Travka Zeleneet Recorded in January 2004. Released on the split mini-CD-R Thalamus with Ritualnaya Bioingeneria and Hladna (KultFront / Zhelezobeton, 2005), commemorating the first embodiment of the «Thalamus» festival. Sound sources: radio, found samples, digital synthesis & processing.
13. Splinters Recorded in September 2003. Released on the V.A. CD-R compilation (Nixrec, 2006). Sound sources: radio, singing bowl, digital synthesis & processing.
14. Throughout Time Recorded in November 2005. Released on the double CD compilation …It Just Is (In Memoriam: Jhonn Balance) (Fulldozer Records / Nocharizma, 2005). Sound sources: Time Machines eponymous album, digital processing.
15. See You In 6 Hours Previously unreleased. Recorded on July 15, 2006 for the compilation of one second tracks «Sloppy Seconds», which never came out. Sound sources: plastic, radio, digital synthesis & processing. Dedicated to Katerina Zet.
All tracks constructed at Base Station and re-mastered in January 2019.
Lunar Abyss Deus Organum – Khara-Khoto Label: Zhelezobeton – ZHB-LXXV Format: CD, Album, Limited Edition, Numbered Country: Russia Released: 22 Feb 2019 Style: Ambient, Drone, Experimental, Tribal
We gladly present the new Lunar Abyss Deus Organum full-length album «Khara-Khoto»! In fact, this is the first big studio work of the project after «Atimudra» (2012, BioSonar^Labyrint) and a long series of split-releases, collaborations, live recordings and various small editions.
Khara-Khoto was the name of a Tangut city with Buddhist culture which existed in the XI-XIV centuries before it was captured by the troops of the Chinese Ming dynasty (nowadays it’s geographically located in the Chinese Inner Mongolia). The idea of creating this album appeared after visiting a special exhibition at the Hermitage, which presented a lot of original artifacts from this ancient settlement buried in the sands. Special inspiration came from a deep understanding of the ephemeral and impermanent nature of existence – even prosperous cultures can die in one moment because of the blind greed of invaders.
From the musical point of view, here one can hear the full sound palette typical for Lunar Abyss. This includes multilayered ambiental sketches with flowing chains of samples, voice loops and acoustic instruments; rhythmic percussive tracks with vigorous pulsating energy; abstract collages made of analogue electronics, radio noises and fragments of television programs; semi-static enveloping drones spiced up with field recordings. The psychedelic kaleidoscope of aural images continues its work – the fans of the albums «Snovidenie», «Tuntury» and «Atimudra» won’t be disappointed!
The physical edition of the album is made in two versions: a CD limited to 300 copies in a matte 4-panel foldout digisleeve.