Satori – Dispossession Label: COD noizes – SHUM18 Format: CD, Album, Limited Edition Country: Russia Released: 25 Dec 2018 Style: Power Electronics, Industrial, Dark Ambient, Experimental, Noise
British industrial veterans Satori was formed in Margate, Kent by Dave Kirby and Robert Maycock in 1984. Origially called Psychopath. Satori have released material on cult labels which represented post-industrial music culture in its absolute form: Zeal SS, Broken Flag, Cold Spring Records, Tesco Organization / Functional Organization, Malignant Records and many more. They collaborated and splitted the stage with Sutcliffe Jügend, Nadja, Abbatoir and Merzbow. Comprising a mixture of dark ambient, harsh noise and power electronics with a harder and heavier percussive beat than before Satori now present a collection of new songs “Dispossession”.
Album, consisting of twelve tracks with a total length more than an hour, has been released as a luxury matte laminated digipak housed in a matte laminated cardboard slipcase decorated with glossy stencil UV-varnish printing.
Mz.412 – Svartmyrkr Label: Cold Spring – CSR257CD Format: CD, Album Country: UK Released: 08 Feb 2019 Style: Dark Ambient, Experimental, Industrial
Swedish behemoths MZ. 412 return with their first full-length album in 13 years, once again asserting their dominion as the true Kings of Black Industrial. «Svartmyrkr» is a massive tour de force that reinvents the classic sound of MZ. 412 whilst retaining their trademark malevolent harshness.
This album is dedicated to the true hell of the north – Helheim – and the giant goddess that rules it, Hel. From blackened ritual incantations, to bleak yet beautiful dark ambient arrangements, to harsh bombastic orchestrations, this album exceeds all expectations.
MZ. 412 blur the lines between music, magick and reality. The earth trembles… the mountains quake… all light is vanquished. The Swedish overlords darken the hearts and extinguish the souls of all who bear witness to «Svartmyrkr».
The New Blockaders – Live At Sonic City Label: Cold Spring – CSR261CD Format: CD, Album, DVD, DVD-Video Country: UK Released: 11 Mar 2019 Style: Noise, Industrial, Experimental
Live At Sonic City includes an audio / visual document of TNB’s last ever live performance which took place at the Thurston Moore-curated Sonic City festival in Kortrijk, Belgium in 2017. Fans of Noise music will need no introduction to the work of TNB. Ron Lessard, of legendary US Noise label RRRecords, once stated, «I’d give the nod to TNB as being the first truly devoted Noise artists». TNB served as a major influence on legendary Noise pioneers such as Merzbow and their influence on the current crop of popular crossover Noise artists such as Wolf Eyes is immeasurable. TNB’s performance at Sonic City can best be described as a noise symphony: metal-bashing and grinding, hammering, eviscerating microphone feedback, torrents of glorious mangle and harsh electronics all skilfully blended with a collage of manifold sounds and dynamics. Far from being a typical Noise show, TNB’s performance (if it can be described as such) contained elements of absurdist theatre and performance art, although I’m sure TNB would be loathe to be described as such. A magnificent display of The Art Of Noise, TNB as defiant as ever in their total rejection of everything.
«For optimal enjoyment we recommend that this DVD be viewed with no sound».
CD and DVD in 6-panel digipak.
«…a chaotic ballroom blitz with noise galore, tables overturned and what sounds like people screaming from the rafters and at a distance… it’s far less of one of those in-situ improv sessions and more like an all out performance art assault on the senses» (Toneshift)
Personnel: Rupenus / Niemand Recorded by: Michiel De Maeseneer Post-production / mix: Philippe Niemand Mastered by: Phil Julian Filmed / Edited by Jens Vranck (a.k.a. Spookstad) Photos: Shadows Lights, Alex Vanhee, Baby R.I. Layout: Abby Helasdottir
01. Old Recipe For Modern Society Recorded in February-March 2003. Released on the CD compilation Extreme Music From Russia (Susan Lawly, 2004). Dedicated to the phenomenon of oprichnina implemented by the tsar Ivan IV «Grozny» in Russia between 1565 and 1572. Sound sources: radio, digital synthesis & processing.
02. Vision Reflections Recorded in November 2003. Released on the CD compilation Like Music To Their Ears Vol. 2 (Mechanoise Labs, 2004). Sound sources: radio, digital synthesis & processing.
03. No Hamsters Were Harmed During The Recording Of This Song Recorded in December 2004. Released on the CD compilation Roulette Russe Pour Un Peu De Caviar (Monochrome Vision, 2007). Sound sources: Rokton, Polyvox, Faemi-1M, radio.
04. Kopusta! Previously unreleased. Recorded in March 2004 for the compilation «Amazing Hare Johann», which never came out. Sound sources: radio, female voice, found samples, digital processing.
05. Submarine Lysergine Recorded in July 2004. Released on the Untitled split CD-R with Lunar Abyss and Timur Kujanov (Extremal Psychonauts, 2004). Sound sources: Yunost-21, Polyvox, distortion pedal, radio, digital processing.
06. BZ Recorded in January-February 2005. Released on the double CD-R compilation How To Stay Young & Healthy In A Modern World (Abgurd, 2006). Named after BZ toxic substance. Sound sources: Polyvox, radio, guitar, breath, digital processing.
07. The Glass From Leng Previously unreleased. Recorded in November 2003 for a compilation dedicated to H.P. Lovecraft, which never came out. Sound sources: radio, digital synthesis & processing.
08. RNS (wry loop mix) Recorded in April 2004, previously unreleased. Sound sources: a track by Public Immorality – Radio NaziSatanica, digital processing.
09. Disassembler Recorded in November 2004. Released on the CD-R compilation Negative Message From Collective Mind (Spirals Of Involution, 2005). Sound sources: Polyvox, radio.
10. Ether Spy Babka_rkTM4x4 Recorded in July 2005. Released on the double CD-R compilation Avtogen-Shaitan (Ostroga, 2007). Sound sources: Rokton, distrortion pedal, radio, Udmurtian women choir.
11. Mamasha Recorded in November 2005. Released on the CD compilation Red Square (KultFront, 2005).
12. Travka Zeleneet Recorded in January 2004. Released on the split mini-CD-R Thalamus with Ritualnaya Bioingeneria and Hladna (KultFront / Zhelezobeton, 2005), commemorating the first embodiment of the «Thalamus» festival. Sound sources: radio, found samples, digital synthesis & processing.
13. Splinters Recorded in September 2003. Released on the V.A. CD-R compilation (Nixrec, 2006). Sound sources: radio, singing bowl, digital synthesis & processing.
14. Throughout Time Recorded in November 2005. Released on the double CD compilation …It Just Is (In Memoriam: Jhonn Balance) (Fulldozer Records / Nocharizma, 2005). Sound sources: Time Machines eponymous album, digital processing.
15. See You In 6 Hours Previously unreleased. Recorded on July 15, 2006 for the compilation of one second tracks «Sloppy Seconds», which never came out. Sound sources: plastic, radio, digital synthesis & processing. Dedicated to Katerina Zet.
All tracks constructed at Base Station and re-mastered in January 2019.
Orplid – Greifenherz Label: Auerbach Tonträger – AB 020 LTD Format: CD, Album, Limited Edition Country: Germany Released: 21 Nov 2008 Style: Modern Classical, Experimental, Neofolk
Orplid’s martial fourth album
Two and a half years after «Sterbender Satyr», Orplid are back with their fourth studio album «Greifenherz». In contrast to their previous outing, this album is filled with pathos, a belligerent and archaic piece of work. «Greifenherz» is informed with a surprisingly hostile and cold atmosphere – a partially menacing and martial sound Orplid haven’t applied since some of the more violent outbursts of their early works.